Please note: this item is for ONE-SIDE of the Lightening Bolt Earring, Drop Style (French Earwire with a chain drop). Please select Metal Finish: Reg/White OR Blackened/Oxidized. Metal Finish image shown: oxidized/blackened
I mean...who doesn't like lightening bolts??? In pop culture, it symbolizes everything from raw energy to electric charges, as well as Davie Bowie(!) to Harry Potter (the scar on his forehead), and historically, it's been associated as the symbol of power of the Greek God, Zeus, and many others. I just like it!
I've recently gotten into wearing two different sides for a pair, so this set is as shown: 1 side is a no-chain earring with reg silver lightening bolt + 1 long chain option with an oxidized lightening bolt), or any combo of the choices. If you'd like to order ONLY 1 SIDE, OR, if you'd like a pair that is different from this combo (ie 2 sides, exactly the same), then please purchase these separately (no extra cost).
Material + Technique:
- Lightening Bolt: sterling silver, which has been hand sawed, hammered, and hand finished by Janet
- Sterling Silver chain has been securely soldered with sterling jump rings, with sterling silver French Earwire
- For oxidized (blackened) metal, the silver has been oxidized and then buffed with steel wool for a darker effect on the metal
Product Size + Details:
- Lightening Bolt size: approx 2.5" long (tip to tip); .75" at the widest point
- Length of the earring from top to bottom: drop with chain option = 3 7/8"
JanetJewelry: all jewelry pieces are individually handcrafted by Janet at her NYC jewelry studio.