The concept for the "Rough Around the Edges" line: I love the tactile process of creating jewelry, and wanted to create a line that celebrates the distinction between something that is handmade vs something that is machine made. For this line, I purposely left the wax work in its raw form, exposing and emphasizing the file marks while carving the shapes, which I made free form. I've combined the Rough Around the Edges Links with my Rough Edge "Old School" Calligraphy Initial Pendant. For the Pendants, I currently only have the following options: A, B, C, D, H, J, K, L, M, N, P, R, S, T.
Material + Technique:
- Handcrafted Sterling Silver Cast "Rough Around the Edges" original chain links
- Handcrafted Sterling Silver Cast "Old School Initial" pendant (please select your choice)
- Pink or White Freshwater Pearl (please select your choice)
- Each pearl has been wirewrapped in sterling silver
- Sterling Silver lobster claw clasp
Product Dimensions + Details:
- Each rectangular link is approximately 5/8" x 3/8"
- Each freshwater pearl is approximately 7mm x 5mm
- Each initial has been soldered on to Janet's Rough Around the Edges Round Link
JanetJewelry: all jewelry pieces are individually handcrafted by Janet at her NYC jewelry studio.
All castings are done in New York City.