100% of the proceeds from this 51inc Sample Sale will go directly to Womankind, to help survivors of gender based violence. Click here to view a short video on Womankind to see the work that they do, and the kind of positive impact they make in our communities. You can help us make a difference!
Why are these called "Double Ups?" Because the stretchy fabric is doubled up (outside layer + lining), giving you lots of support in just the right places, and giving you opaque coverage, even when wet. These bikinis are sold as same size, same color sets (ie, size S top with size S bottom in the same color, etc). I have a few extra "just bottoms" of the bikinis, if you need to mix and match a set, so the inventory that is being tracked here is per matched sets, according to the TOPS. See below for extra "bottoms" to mix and match. I also have one top in size L (see below).
- Materials: 80% nylon; 20% spandex; UV protection fabrics by Meryl Actisystem Microfibre
- Made in the USA
- The bikini top is in a low cut front, racerback style, but in a really unique cut (see image!)
- The bikini bottom is a hipster style (low on the hips), with a wide elastic band
- The lining is a different color from the outer layer, but it is not meant to be "reversible"; it's an accent color
- These bikinis are sold as sets here, in the same color and size, tops and bottoms
- If you need to mix + match a set (ie size), I have a few extras--see below, or email me to confirm availability
- reg retail prices on these, sold separately: $110 for the bikini top; $85 for the hipster bikini bottom--the quality on these are really exceptional, if you are a swimsuit connoisseur
Sizes + Colors available: Inventory is automatically updated on this website, so that is more current than the list below (last updated below 4/28).
- Navy Blue with Bronze lining Bikini, Top + Bottom: 4 sets in size S
- Bronze (slightly metallic looking) with Navy Blue Lining Bikini, Top + Bottom: 2 size S; 1 L
- White with Bronze Lining Bikini, Top + Bottom: 1 size S
- SIZE NOTE: for this item, size up 1 size from your normal, ie since I have a lot of the size S left:
- The size S runs small--this is the fit for you if you are usually a size XS
- Size S fits Dylan perfectly: she's usually a size XS in most things--31" B, 25" Chest, and 25" W, 36" H
Random separates available to mix + match: (please email me if you want to confirm availability)
- As of 4/28/21, I have these separate "just bottoms" available if you want a different size or color from the top:
- Size S: 1 Beige (slightly lighter than the Bronze, but not quite off-white); 1 Bronze with Navy Blue lining; 1 Navy with Bronze lining
- I also have ONE bikini TOP in size L, 1 Bronze with Navy Blue lining
Size measurements for Tops:
- S = 25" elastic at bust, unstretched; stretches to around 28"
- M = 27" elastic at bust, unstretched; stretches to around 30"
- L = 28" elastic at bust , unstretched; stretches to around 31"
Size measurements for Bottoms:
- S = 28" elastic, unstretched; stretches to around 31"
- M = 30" elastic, unstretched; stretches to around 33"
- L = 31" elastic, unstretched; stretches to around 34"
The Fit. Janet says: I'm usually around 32C or 34B, sports bra size S or M, depending on the brand, and for this bikini top, the elastic is forgiving, so I can fit all 3 sizes, but with the low plunge in the front and the awesome support from the double layers of spandex, it's surprisingly uplifting(!), so it would depend on the size of the cleavage you want to show off.... The S is a bit much for me (even though I fit it), and the size M and L are more my style--it's low cut, but comfortably so. I actually bought this set in Navy to wear under some of my looser fitting tank tops and sun dresses--I ADORE this top. The unusual racerback design is especially cute!
All 51inc clothing sales are to benefit Womankind; all Sample Sale purchases are final.
How you can help me raise funds: if you've purchased this item already and love it, please send in photos of yourself wearing it, and if you don't mind, a description of the fit on you, since we have to do this all online! I'll add it to the item pages. These super high quality, every day wear pieces are a fraction of the their MSRP, so tell your friends! Join me raise $ for Womankind! Together, we've already raised over $22,000 in just 6 weeks!
For more information about Womankind and the work that they do, please visit their website: iamwomankind.org